Thursday, March 18, 2010

One of My Loves

When I was young, my Mom wore a cameo ring on her index finger. It was just part of her to me. She loves jewelry and has always worn some daily. Her ring was white gold with a thin band and the cameo was about the size of a small bean.

Preferring things that sparkle and shine, her cameo wasn't my favorite of all her rings. But, it definitely stood out to me and I became aware of that type of jewelry.

Fast forward the years. Now as an adult, I have a great appreciation for cameos. Real or fake. I don't care about that part at all. One of my favorite necklaces is a fake cameo from Charlotte Russe. The biggest aspect of the real ones that I appreciate is the detail work and craftsmanship that goes into the carving. It's amazing. Love cameos! (I found these online at a site that specializes in them. All types. These are 2 faves.)


No comments:

Post a Comment