Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Biscuit

I was about 7 months into marriage and only 20 yrs old when I discovered I was preggers with our first child. Talk about scared! I felt like a baby (although, I guess I wasn't, but I felt like it) having a baby. The hubs was super supportive, but for about two weeks I was freaking out.
Once I found out we were having a girl, I was really happy! Having two younger sisters definitely made me very comfortable with girly stuff. Helping take care of them (including hair and makeup:) was good practice. Plus, the clothes! Girls are so fun to dress.
So, in the fall of 2000 we had our Biscuit. She was 8.5lbs...and her proud papa made a profound statement. "She's a big ole' biscuit." It was something like that and "Biscuit" stuck.
Lucky girl, Biscuit also goes by Tater.
Ways to describe Bisc: Helpful. Caring. Thoughtful. Loving. A Tad Bit Controlling (which I contribute to her birth order). Super Friendly. Motivated. Fun. Take Charge. Very Girly. Loves Being Outside. Incredible Big Sister.

We love our Tater Biscuit! She's my big third grader who excels in math. Her hobbies include dancing, cheering, and soccer. Lately she has been talking about having a convertible when she's older. GEESH.
We are really trying to enjoy our years with Tater. For a parent the days are long, but the years go quickly. She is a treasure.


I'm so thankful for you. Love being your Mom and love you Bisc~

2 comments:

  1. Biscuit is such a sweet precious little girl - well, not so little anymore since she's almost as tall as me! We love Biscuit and your awesome family. I almost cried reading this blog. It made me think of my little girl who is growing up way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do grow fast! It's bittersweet, isn't it? We love ya'll too! We are very thankful for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete