Friday, March 12, 2010

Cutie Diaper Cake



One of my FB friends posted these pics. It is one of the cutest "diaper" cakes I've seen. (I think I'd rather call them 'baby' cakes. Sounds a little cute and fresh. Whenever I've mentioned a diaper cake to W, he tells me that it is "disgusting!" Oh, the silliness in this home.)
I think what I love about this cake is the bright colors and the use of Gerber daisies...




It has such a playful and happy feeling to it. Seeing these pictures totally inspired me to make one. (And I have an abundance of expectant friends, so the opportunity is here.)







For some reason until now, I haven't really cared for diaper cakes...always perferring real cake instead. Wink. Wink. But I'm very happy to tell you I began construction on my first 'baby' cake this morning and it's almost done. Haven't picked my ribbon or flowers yet, it depends on what I find. I'll share it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment