Tuesday, March 9, 2010

For a Friend Who Hearts Farmhouses






I would consider my Mom's house an old farm house that has been completely renovated. It sits on many acres and is surrounded by mature oak trees. To see it now, one would hardly believe what it started as and how much it has changed literally one room at a time. (I would say from the ground up, but it has a lovely crawl space under the original structure). Mom loves the crawl space.((chuckles))
It has been a labor of love to transform it into the house it is now. Blood(maybe), sweat, and definitely tears went into the renovation. These were accompanied by countless late nights and thousands of gallons of sweet tea. (Not an exaggeration, she's in Georgia...that's what they drink!) Now that it is finished, it is beautiful. It's a blend of victorian and traditional. Lots of stained glass...lots, like in almost every room!

If you go by and see Mom she'll show you the picture book and offer to take you on the 'Nickel Tour.' I'd take it if I were you...what else can a nickel buy these days?! Mom, I have to poke fun. It's in love. Promise!
I haven't been home since Christmas, so I'm due for a trip! Love the big trees, big porch, having acreage, it's pretty cool. Hope I can go home soon~


3 comments:

  1. love this!!! it's so true! Justin got a Nickle tour the other day..but no pic book :) so many memories there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love already and I haven't even seen the inside. Thanks for sharing. I'm trying hard not to covet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em, you can go with me to Mom's anytime! Jen, I know. No place like home. Glad Justin got to go and meet her!

    ReplyDelete