Friday, March 12, 2010

March Memories



Eleven years ago on March 15th, Shane and I got engaged. It blows my mind that it's been that long! Over a decade. Longer than high school and middle school combined. WOW.
Shane is the quiet (sometimes, unless Nascar is on) one. He likes to figure how things work and is definitely 'Mr. Fix-It'. Things he enjoys include, but aren't limited to: being a daddy, anything with a motor, racing, the great outdoors, helping others, being in or on water, carpentry, heavy equipment, golf, history, politics, and reading.
I used to think I was the smart one...don't judge, you've done it too. Let's put it this way, I could win Wheel of Fortune and he could win Jeopardy. Nothing like eating humble pie:)

We were each completely different people back then. I was only 19. Crazy. But, saying yes was one of the best decisions I've ever made. And marriage has been hard. You won't hear either of us ever say that "we don't have to work at it" or some Hollywood nonsense. And despite all that we've endured, I love him more today than all my yesterdays.





S is my BFF and lots more. I'm thankful for each day we have together even when he makes me crazy or doesn't make me coffee.LOL (That's when I practice forgiveness.)
Without our new lives in Christ, we couldn't have made it two yrs or ten. He alone has performed miracles in both of our hearts and helped us through all the storms of life. Praise God for the healing and restoration that He has done in our relationship. I wouldn't rather be One with anyone else...
'Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.'
Genesis 2:24


No comments:

Post a Comment