Sunday, February 28, 2010

We've Come Along Way, Baby









Round these here parts, we tend to consistently have a three ft long 'to-do' list. Seriously. Since we've been in our current home, we've tackled a few big ones. Big to me at least.

The biggest had to be our back yard. When we found this house we knew we'd have to fix the yard. It was so steep and way too dangerous for kids. So that was our first biggie. We did it in our spare time(I actually didn't do much), and it took at least 6+ months...I can't recall.
Hubs worked on it in his spare time.
Even once the yard was leveled the kids couldn't play because we needed a fence.(It's 14ft down at the deepest corner.) That took a while, too.
Now I'm so glad it is flat and fenced!! Oh, and there won't be anymore big yard projects (other than landscaping that I've envisioned). There is still a lot of planting to be done and it will come in its time. I don't have a current photo. Will try to snag one soon.
I just needed to be reminded that we've come a long way. Sometimes I focus too much on the 'to-do' list instead of seeing and appreciating all the things that have been checked off.

No comments:

Post a Comment