Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fun-tiquing


So, Monday I met my Mom at Gateway Antique Mall--(this is a stool from their website). It is one of my favorite "hobbies" and one that is made more special because it's time with her. We are notorious for long excursions to antique shows--just ask my sweetie...he is so good about not complaining about it! LOL

I don't really know why I like antiquing, I just do. It seems to be something you either really enjoy or could care less about. Anyway, I met up with her and she was so sweet to me. She even brought me a super-sized tea to help me to stay hydrated.

I am a speedy antiquer (dunno if that is a word). Mom takes her time hunting for treasures. I walk up make a quick evaluation of if I want to enter the "booth." Several times I looked back to see just how far behind me she was--it was funny! I finished the store before she was half way through. One of the reasons I'm speedy: I know what I like and what I'm looking for. {Having children for the last 9 years of my life may have also contributed to me rushing to get through any store asap.}

Oh, we had fun...and she got us some sweet deals! Mom is more experienced in negotiating than I am, and she's definitely not afraid to ask for a discount. So much to learn! I'll show you some of the great items we picked up as soon as I have them in place. It will be so nice to look around my house and see things that remind me of that day. The older I get, the more I cherish my parents. Thanks, Mom, I had a great time and I really appreciate you! XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, girl, I love me some antiques! Some time ago I ran around my house taking photos of all the antiques I've inherited over the years. I've been meaning to put them on my blog. One day I'll get around to that. You oughta show us some of your finds on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you describe your "antiquing" diffferences..we are too much alike. I'm a speedy shopper too! I'm glad ya'll got to spend time together doing something you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a girl trip is in order!

    ReplyDelete