Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ipods are a Gift


I just got an iPod from my hotter half this past Christmas. Don't know why it takes me forever to attain good technology, other than I tend to be rather "thrifty" and don't deem that type of stuff necessity. I never have the latest cell phone, etc. No iPhone here. Just the ol' flippster--although, I'd take a Droid.

Technology is just not my thing, but I do have to say that I adore my iPod and I'm sooo grateful for it. When I first got it, hubs was quick to gank it (that's Latin). He put a bunch of songs--some of them are embarrassing that he even had the cd for them, but anyway he filled her up with a quickness.

But, the original reason I wanted an iPod was for pod casts.

That is what she's filled with these days and I absolutely love it!!


This a.m. around 4, I finally drug myself to the shower to get some relief from my coughing. My phlegm was so outta control and annoying that I felt compelled to get up and do something about it. It did seem to help. (Quit saying "Nettie Pot"---I don't have one. I know, I know, I need to get one.) I didn't get great sleep last night and I'm currently in the 'hacking' stage of my cold recovery.

Obviously, church was out today.

After the hubs and 2/3's of the kids left (one was snotty), I watched an excellent message on my trusty iPod. The sermon's on 'Sexual Sin' and the series is "Religion Saves and Nine Other Misconceptions," by Mark Driscoll. It is powerful! I've had the book that it's based on for around a year and it's a must read. I know Driscoll is controversial to some. This book/series deals with some really relevant issues that need to be addressed and discussed. I highly recommend viewing or listening to the podcasts from it.


I missed going to church today, but I hung out with God and heard His Word.


Thank You, Lord, for my little iPod. May I use it to honor You. Amen~


2 comments:

  1. Get thee to a Neti Pot! Ha ha! Missed you this a.m. in church. When I heard you were sick I was hoping it was nausea (wink, wink).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps! I even misspelled Neti! Haha~I know, I missed all of you. It was weird to be home. But, man that sermon rocked! Cracked up over the winks ;D

    ReplyDelete