Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Maybe Soon?


I still have banquette dreams.

Although we are currently enjoying a break from sports(other than ballet/dance), our weekends have not provided the opportunity to take on this project.

[BTW, has anyone else noticed that home ownership is quite demanding? I am grateful to still even be in our house, especially considering all the financial difficultly in the last couple of years. That being said, maintaining a home is very time consuming and expensive.]

Of course I contemplate paying someone else to help us, but then I am snapped back to the reality that we are trying to reduce our expenses. Hiring anything to be done, mowed, painted, built, whatever, is not in the monthly budget.

Plus, Shane and I both struggle to pay someone else for things that we can do ourselves (within reason). Zoiks! This post was not intended to be a published complaint! My apologies.

I'm just hoping that if I write about our breakfast room project, maybe it will be catapulted to the top of the list. The tabletop itself is a big task because it will be a mosaic.

The construction and painting of the benches and table will take many weeks from start to finish, but I'm really looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. As for outsourcing your house work, well, that's pretty good that you can do all those things yourself. You have a very talented, handy-man hubby. My hubby has different skill sets which does not generally involve power equipment. LOL. BJ just said today, "is it good that our son is emmulating our lawn boy since he has never seen his daddy use a mower?" Ha ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to have a painter(at least for the stairwell)and someone come mow every other week.You right--if Shane wasn't handy, we couldn't do half the things we take on!It is a blessing for sure.The other night, Shane was edging and I was mowing @9pm...in the dark..with all the flood lights on[it was after he got off work]Obviously, our family is nuts.

    ReplyDelete