Friday, April 16, 2010

Girl Talk

Today, Tater and I were having a little chat while I was switching the laundry. She mentioned wanting to go to a tourist attraction in a nearby town. Then asked if we could go. I told her that we couldn't afford to go this month. (after Easter outfits and other extra expenses, the disposable $ is gone)

We skimmed over spending, budgeting, cutting back, etc. Personally, I'd way rather eat out less and make other changes in order to go on an actual vacation.


She said she'd like to go to the beach or Colorado(to ride horses--silly girl) and I assured her we wouldn't be going to Colorado. LOL


But, I would love to go to the beach. Tater was giddy just thinking of vacation. I suggested that if it was something that she wanted, then she should pray about it. After all, if we end up going it will be a gift from Him. T crossed her arms. She was thinking.



"Well, I can't decide which one to pray for: going on vacation or a baby sister." For those of you who don't know, she's prayed on and off for years for a sister. I chuckled. "You don't have to choose one. Pray for both. The Bible says that we should take everything to God in prayer."

Oh my Tater Biscuit, she's a treasure.




Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ.


Philippians 4:6-7

1 comment:

  1. A baby sister, hmmmm?

    FYI - we got a GREAT deal at Compass Cove at Myrtle Beach for September. The website is compasscove.com. Click on the tab marked "specials" (upper portion of screen) and check out the Sunday Super Saver. We had originally booked for early May, but found that we could save about $150 going in September. (Their "off season" rates are always great, but the Sunday deal was fantastic).

    ReplyDelete