Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hooked on Salad instead of Suga

Many months ago, we hung out with some friends and ate dinner together. They served a Caesar salad and chicken casserole. Well, I don't know if I had the beginning stages of scurvy, but I was crazy about that salad. It was so good. (She used Ken's dressing, so you know it was off the chain.) It began what I'll fondly refer to as my salad obsession.



Caesar, Greek, pasta, whatever--salads everywhere have been enticing me ever since that night. Even coleslaw(we'll consider it salad) from Calhoun's has been a near errand running diversion! But, I didn't cave. Aren't you proud?! Even a little side salad can catch my eyes...silly, I know.

An added mental benefit is I don't feel guilty eating them the way I do about so many other foods. The more I am conscious with my diet the less I have to exercise. YIPPEE!
Little side note: I decided a while back to start paying attention to what I was eating. Let's just say my clothes were letting me know that something needed to change, either my eating habits or their sizes. Not cool with the latter. My life long sidekick 'suga' had to be taken down quite a few notches. Surprisingly(to me), I've felt so much better since I've reduced my sugar intake. It's been really hard to say no to myself so much. Still have coffee everyday, but not three or four cups. Don't gasp, it's true. And I switched to half and half(not my fave) instead of using my delicious hazelnut creamer. Every little bit helps.



Suga, I can have you in small doses, but you can't be the center of my food interest and affections anymore. Still love you...and miss the junk outta you some days, Me
(Disclaimer: I can always make exceptions for mint chocolate chip ice cream. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment