Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wanna Use My Purdy Brushes

Spring is one of my fave times to paint. As long as the pollen count isn't re-donk-u-lus, it is awesome painting weather. Not too hot. Not too humid. You can open windows for ventilation without the guilt and fear of your power bill at the end of the month. It's just, in my opinion, an excellent time. I'm a big fan of painting. Rooms. Pictures. Furniture. Nails. Faces. You name it, I would attempt to paint it.


We have many areas of our home that need a fresh coat. The other day, I picked up some swatches. I'm thinking that I may do the playroom or the schoolroom. (but not the stairwell-it's a booger) Neither are particularly challenging, and both have horrendous markings from about waist height down. Guess the guilty party.

I have some appreciation for hand prints on the walls. But these aren't hand prints. Or smudges. They vary from scrapes, to scratches, to dry erase marks, and various inspired Crayola creations. Not a fan. Keep the crayons on paper, kids! I'd rather frame them.

Purdy brushes, prepare yourselves! I have a feeling you gals are gonna be working hard very soon!!

No plans for green paint, but I love green rooms and this one feels fresh, springy, and conducive for naps. I likey.

No comments:

Post a Comment