Thursday, December 30, 2010

Our Last Two Weeks

Last Monday, we went in to see if we could find out the sex of the baby. And it was very, uh um...obvious. We are having another boy. The boys were thrilled and Tater was heartbroken. Her dreams of a little sister were dashed again (she also cried when Dubs was a boy). After some time alone, plenty of tears, and reassurance from us that this is exactly what God wants for us, she was fine. Pretty certain she's hoping that the next one will be a girl. LOL ;)

The kids and I did some last minute shopping midweek, and Shane joined me for the last bit. It was a tad frustrating and hectic, mainly due to stores not having exactly what I wanted. Have I mentioned that I'm a tad picky? Maybe one of these years I will become an online shopper. It just doesn't seem right for me to not be in all the hustle and bustle, touching and feeling the things I purchase. The traffic and lines are annoying, but I love the decor and sounds of the season. Next year when we have a little one, I may be singing a different tune. A very different tune!

Christmas Eve is always in N.C. spent with Shane's family. His parents have several dogs, chickens, and horses, so it is nearly impossible to keep the kids inside. At least one of them is always at the barn, playing with the dogs, running over to Mamaw's, or riding something. All of us enjoyed a late lunch, we read the Christmas story, and then exchanged gifts. It was a really sweet time. Afterward, we went to Mamaw's for more food and visiting. Then we packed up and headed to GA.

Christmas Day is always spent with my side of the family. Both of my sisters were at my Mom's (Grammy's) house when we arrived. Since we were late getting there Friday night, I think it was almost noon on Saturday before we exchanged gifts. This is the first year we ditched Santa completely. He wasn't missed! The kids attempted to open everything they received there and cast it throughout Grammy's house. Needless to say, they really liked their new toys and games.
The rest of the time at Mom's was spent cooking, chatting, laughing, scolding, eating, chatting, laughing, cooking, eating, scolding, chatting, and eating some more. We did sleep at night! None of us got to go to church on Sunday due to weather conditions. That stunk. On Monday, we had a couple of girl trips to the stores to see if there was anything we couldn't live without. Apparently there were some. Tuesday we packed up and headed north. On the way, we stopped in Canton to visit one of my GA friend's, Laura, and her children. I hadn't seen her since the summer. A couple hours later, we were on the road again! We arrived home late Tuesday night, thus ending our holiday travels. And boy, were we pooped.

Now we are almost "normal" and looking forward to the weekend. This week we are doing school Wednesday through Friday. Laundry is constant, as are dishes, and I'm becoming more and more aware of my hump! Gonna have to do things sideways soon.

My sister, Jen, bought us a newborn gown gift set and burp cloths for Christmas. (That is the first outfit that we've obtained since we've known we were expecting.) I've been unwilling to buy anything baby related out of fear. Fear that I would miscarry again. Fear that we wouldn't bring home a baby. I know it seems dumb, but I also know that we aren't guaranteed anything. Jen's gift and finding out he's a boy has helped me to relax. So one one of the girlie shopping trips, I picked up an outfit for next fall/winter. Only in the last week have I really been able to feel his movement. Every time I feel him, it brings comfort that this time things are going well. We are almost half way through this pregnancy and closer to meeting "Munchie"--you knew I'd have a nickname! Looking forward to meeting our new little honey pie.


Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
-Psalm 127:3

The Lord is my strength and my my shield;
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
And with my song I will praise Him.
-Psalm 28:7

Whenever I am afraid,
I will trust in You.
-Psalm 56:3

2 comments:

  1. Yay for baby boys! I luv my boys to death even though they are sometimes rambunctious, smelly, and altogether too focused on cars, trucks and weapons - yes, even at ages 3 yrs and 20 months. Funny how God wires those boys, isn't it?! I know Tater is dissappointed. She's welcome to come over anytime and give me a helping hand with Charlotte and get her baby girl fix. And maybe a baby sister for her is in God's plans for 2012!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys are sweeties and this one is bound to be, as well! I was fine either way, and after the previous ultrasound didn't reveal two white lines I was prepared. Looking forward to Shane being tackled by three silly monkeys--he's already said he's gonna need help wrestling.Biscuit will be all over little girl duties! Keeping my heart open for 2012;D pray for S!hahaaha

    ReplyDelete