Thursday, May 6, 2010

Rock City, Baby!

The kids and I met up with my Mom and my sister, Jen, in Chattanooga. We started the day at Rock City. The weather was fabulous..just beautiful. All the kids loved it. It's a magical place for them just like it was for me when I was young(er). Jen accidentally knocked her sunglasses down a ravine. I figured that she'd just leave them, but she asked for someone to retrieve them and they did! (it wasn't a very dangerous spot) Her fave glasses were rescued.





After lunch (which I will not say how many pieces of pizza we each ate--rhymes with snore) we had ice cream (you must have ice cream at an ice cream shoppe even if your stuffed like a tick about to bust), then went to Ruby Falls.
I had a feeling that this was a lot to expect from my W, but he was fine. For the first half. Once we reached the waterfall, Dubs was on the verge of a meltdown and needed a nap. I knew the only way I could help was to carry him. So I did. The farther I walked, the more my ill-fitting pants kept riding down.
It was easier to manage the narrow walkway with him on my back, but I fought with my britches the whole time. Kept one arm holding his rear and the other yanking my pants up or pulling the back of my shirt down. Blast those low fitting khaki pants!
Not to be too personal, but the reason I fought so hard to keep my pants up was due to the fact that I had on some unattractive undies that needed to stay hidden. (I'm never a fan of any underwear of any type, color, fit, etc, showing out the top of any one's pants.) So, I fought the good fight. I switched him to the front at some point and continued on. I was so relieved when we reached the elevator! Carrying 45lbs of dead, dangling weight, battling saggy-ish pants that threatened to reveal too much, for 3/5 miles ... Ruby was quite an adventure for me!! LOL (miraculously, there are no photos from this part of the trip)
My favorite part of Ruby Falls was while W was still awake. Another group leaving the falls passed by us in the narrow tunnel. Some of the kids were trying to 'hi-five' us. My germa-phobic self wasn't interested, but Dubs loved it! He 'high-fived' anyone who would! It was really sweet.
Chattanooga was so fun and I can't wait to go again.
Grammy, that was a great present for W that ended up being a gift for all of us! Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We looooove Rock City. Glad ya'll had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Pants on the ground, pants on the ground..." LOL! Glad you had a good time! We love Chattanooga; there's so much to do and it's so laid back. I'll bet you lost 5 pounds carrying your baby around...or maybe you put it back on with the pizza and ice cream... but you deserved a reward after that kind of exercise so I'm sure it all evened out in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is my last pic so small if I got them all off fb? That is frustrating. Kristy, we love it, too. Wanna go back soon.
    Yes, Rebekah, if anyone had seen my drawers(sp?), I would have been lookin' like a fool.:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun trip. Withrow Worldwide needs to attempt that one soon. Is it stroller friendly? BTW, I love the photo with you and your mocha with a straw! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete