Thursday, February 24, 2011

Romantic at Heart

Over the years, I've collected magazines and saved pages of rooms and gardens that appeal to me. There is considerable variety in the ones I've held onto (and put into a binder), but I've tried to figure out what the commom thread is that unites them.
The verdict is in: I'm a romantic, with a dash of country--not to be confused with western. I've not forsaken my traditional roots, they are are just slowly eroding to make way for a softer feminine style.

No room in my house looks like either of these, but I just heart them. Don't know that Shane would ever be ok with me going off the deep end into this style (and I don't know if I'd want to), but there is something really beautiful and peaceful about a romanctic look to me. Maybe I'll be able to incorporate tidbits of this type of design into mi casa. Until then, I have my binder.

No comments:

Post a Comment