Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wednesday

So it's Wednesday again...sometimes I feel like my weeks go: Sunday, Monday(boo), already Wednesday, Friday(yay!), and then Saturday. Then they replay.



I don't have anything against Wednesdays. I actually like them. Our children attend Awanas and I work in the nursery on Wed pm. It has been really nice to get to know the ladies that I work with every week. Those friendships have been an added blessing for sure.



The only down side to Wednesday is dinner. I don't want to cook. We have to be there so early. (Most nights I usually don't even start cooking until 6, depending on Shane's schedule)
And I've tried before to cook something in the 4's and then shove it down their throats(not really). Of course it's inevitable that the times we need to hurry, the kids are slower, so then the scolding commences. Not fun. For them or for me. Isn't Wednesday supposed to be a blessing and not a curse?
And we've done the have a snack and then eat dinner late. Don't like that. Who wants to eat at 8:45-9pm? Not me. Especially now that I'm in my "slow metabolism" thirties.

I know many of you are saying, "Stop and get fast food!" I actually don't pass any fast or slow food on my way to church. This happens to be a great money saving device every other day of the week, but on Humpday it bites.

So we are gonna try eating soup on Wednesday nights. It's cheap. It can be customized for picky palettes. It's quick. Few dishes dirtied and hopefully less scolding!

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't the church serve dinner on Wed nights? They used to begin at 4:45 pm. They did have a selection for adults and kids (corndogs, pizza, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. They quit doing it last year(as in the last school year).This week we didn't do soup. Since Shane was here, I made beef tips. I'm hungry when we get home, so I end up having a sandwich or something.

    ReplyDelete