Thursday, August 5, 2010

Round the Table



Our family has all been home together this week. For us, this is a special treat considering my husband's work schedule. Not only has he been home every night, we have sat together (all 5 of us) for dinner. At the same table. Did I hear a gasp?


We've decided to utilize our dining room table a.k.a. the junk collector(Fly Lady would refer to it as a "hot spot"). It's a round glass top that has a wooden pedestal base. Our old dining room couldn't handle a rectangle table, so we gotta a circle. Ended up being a good choice.


Added benefit: By using it every night, it doesn't get a chance to get piled.
I had forgotten that it is so nice to all sit together! For so long we've had a straggler ostracized at the kitchen bar while the rest of the fam sat at the breakfast table. Why did it take us three years to do this? Duh.

Being my silly self, I noticed that there's still room to seat more peeps(I was thinkin' bambinos). When I suggested my observation, the conversation got lively. I believe it was E who said, "Yeah, like for five more."
Then T pipes in, "Five more kids!"
Chuckling, I ask "Five kids?!"
And Tater reassures me adding, "And room for high chairs! Five high chairs!"
Yikes. We all had a good laugh.The thought of five high chairs around my dining table is a little much. Can you see my eyes bulging outta my head? We'd probably need one of these beauties~





A few weeks ago I looked online for a large farm house table. One of my old neighbors had one ( I think from American Signature) and it was cool. No matter what or who comes to dinner, these tables seem to be able to handle it. Love these. Especially if you need five high chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment