Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Book Worm

I can't remember the last time I've read a novel, much less fiction.

My sister, Jenn, and my Mom had both highly recommended a book to me last year.

Usually I am just glad to read the Bible, a devotional, or a book on Christian living.

I actually love to read, but it requires my undivided attention and that is hard to come by. Three kids home (basically all the time) and trying to do the things already on the list...well, there just isn't room for getting sucked into a fictional story.

At least that's what I thought. I'm at my Mom's and have been here quite a bit in the last two weeks. Most of last week, I was keeping up on my sweet friend Audrea. I'll hook you up with her blog on my next post.

Well, yesterday I saw that book again(it's been laying around my Mom's). That one that J and M had suggested to me. It was there and I was there. So I started it.

Um, got completely sucked in.

In fact, I had to make myself put it down as to quit neglecting my family(I think around page 211). It was CRAZY!! I have never wanted to devour a book like that...not a novel...ever. So after I put it down the first time, I decided that I wouldn't read anymore of it yesterday.

Wrong.

Two kids and a hubs napping, and I was off again. Sucked in.

Can't remember how long I read it while Tater was swimming, but it was long enough to get a nice little sunburn across my back. I did sunscreen. Apparently the spray didn't cover me completely. I was too engulfed in my book to care or feel the damage being done. Now I have a burning reminder of my obsession.

I did break free once again and didn't read anymore until today. I finished it before I ate breakfast. Before coffee. I know. It's nuts. I was consumed. Obsessed.

Drum roll, please...................it is "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers. You better get your rear-end to the store (or amazon, whatever) and get it. And if you sit outside, make sure you rub in your SPF.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

That book is dangerous.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard about this one from some other girls so now your recommendation just confirms what I need to do...look it up on the Kindle and get sucked into a good book.

    ReplyDelete